Product parts can be found in the main menu under Specifications/Product parts.
Product part is an identifier of a particular part or component of a product .
In creating products parts you can define various properties to a product part:
To assist in library development and streamline naming conventions we have introduced a parts table where Parts can be named and nominated to populate certain types of cabinets automatically.
- Name = Name of the Part
- Item Type = The selection here is Style Type or Availability chart item. Selecting Style Type will open up the next dialogue box. This how the parts pricing will be controlled in a group manner or only with that particular item.
- Style Type = What material schedule is this part controlled by?
- Auto Populate Product = Select what type of Assemblies you want this part to populate when creating a new Product.
- Item Length, Width and Depth = Depending on the rate type assigned to the style type selected ie Length * Width, that qty of boxes will appear allowing for parts to be calculated in a linear fashion, M2 or M3.
- Populate Raw Materials = For items like Hinges, Handles and Drawer Runners that can be selected and controlled in the quote and that you want to populate the raw materials for counting purposes.
When complete your list should look something like this.