Adding your contacts to Jobman can be done in a number of different ways;
1. Via accounting software integration.
2. Import a .csv file.
3. Manually (this would only be suitable when adding one or a couple of new contacts), as it would be far too time consuming if you had a considerable amount of new contacts to add.
1. Via accounting software integration
Please see https://jobmanacademy.wpengine.com/lessons/integrated-applications/
2. Import a .csv file.
Importing your contacts via a .csv file is the most efficient for uploading / updating your contacts list in bulk. This process will map the .csv column headers with the Contact card fields in Jobman. Many of these will map automatically, whilst others may require you to nominate the map to field and match them that way. If no map field is nominated, that data will not be included in the import. To add new contacts via .csv file, navigate to the Contacts Grid via the Menu. Select Import.
Upload the .csv file. The following window will then show and is where you map the fields (auto or manual).
When you are happy with the column mapping, hit Next.
The below window will then show. This is a confirmation, and allows you to hit cancel or go back to the column mapping, if needed. Selecting Import Now, will prompt the contacts import to begin.
There are some basic rules that apply when Importing your Contacts with this method;
– For a Contact, if a Contact Type is found in the .csv that is not in Jobman the import will not be able to continue. You should add the contact type into Jobman, then return to this.
– The import process can only create new or update existing Contacts. No Contacts or Contact People will be deleted.
– When importing, an existing Contact is matched if a “Contact ID” column is present. If no match is found for the “Contact ID” the import will not be
able to continue.
Alternatively if there is no “Contact ID” column, the import file must contain a “Contact Name” column. Existing Contacts will
be matched based on the “Contact Name” and “Contact Type”. If you don’t
supply a “Contact Type” column (or it is empty) then the default contact
type will be set. Your ‘default contact type is the one with the lowest numerical ‘order’ number in Jobman > Admin > Contact Types.
If an existing Contact is found it will be updated.
If an existing Contact is not found, a new Contact will be created.
Columns available for mapping are;
To add a new contact manually, navigate to the Contacts Grid via the Menu. Select Add Record.
This will bring up the Contact form shown below.
Multiple people can be added to this contact such as supervisors in the case of builders, accounts and reps in the case of suppliers and spouse in the case of residential type work.
Clicking the Add Record button in the Contact Person grid, will show a form where all contact details can be entered.
This is your data so please use upper and lower case where applicable.
You can set different discounts or profit margins for individual contacts which will carry through onto your quote. This can be useful in the case of certain builders where you might supply your product at a discounted rate. You can find this by clicking on the Payment Terms as shown below. The profit margin is a config variable that can be turned on or off. If the config variable QUOTE_ITEM_SHOW_OVERHEAD_PROFIT is set to N, then Profit will not be displayed in the payment terms.
Note: For the Inventory – Stock Supplier to work, at least one Contact of type Supplier needs to be set up.