Editing a Quote template
To edit a quote template, follow the steps below;
- Select the Admin panel, and then click on the Templates -> Quote Template.
- You will see a couple of templates in here. You can have as many different templates as you like, and when you go to print a quote you can select which template you would like the quote to be drawn using.
- Click on the little pencil icon for this record, to edit it.
- You will now have an editing window that will allow you to change the template around the way you like.
If you know HTML you can click on the little HTML icon, which will then allow you to edit the template at a lower-level than the WYSIWYG editor that we normally use.
- If you do not want to see lines with 0 values please uncheck the “Show lines with zero quantity” box. (see below)
- If you click on the “Show” dropdown, it will give you a list of what you might want to show on your quote. (see below)
- You can add, remove or replace the template variables in the template to display different details. Click here for more information.
- Once you are happy with the new look, press “save” and the template will be saved and ready for use.
It’s normally a good idea to have two windows open, one with a test quote, and the other one editing the template. You can then make changes to the template, and press “print” on the quote, allowing you to see what the quote will look like when it is printed.
You can customize your quote Introduction and notes for this template allowing time-saving and correct terminology to be present at all times in your quotes. First impressions matter the most so spend time on getting these templates correct.
For more information on Templates, Click here.